Thursday 30 June 2011

Busy Busy

Greetings,

It's been quite a while since I last set foot on my blog. Been so busy during my classes for our final project which was to produce a 5 minute short film. It was quite the post production process where we got so rapt up in tying loose ends, but we finished it up with a product that I can happily say we are all proud of.

Not only that, I will be graduating from that very course on Monday night, so it's going to be a momentous occasion for all of us, as we move on to do our own thing and pursue our own volition. 

As for myself, I have taken the first step of being a freelance artist. I have accepted a commission where I am tasked to produce the character design (from concept to turnarounds) and the storyboard for a client that will be using it for their personal use in a project. I've currently completed all the character design work for this and will be prepping to get the storyboards underway in a week's time.

I've also implemented the use of a basic Wacom Bamboo tablet and Photoshop CS5 as a medium of art, besides my traditional blend of pencils, colour pencils and ink. I'll still be continuing to broaden my horizons in regards to my palette so keep your eyes peeled for future artworks.

That will be all for now, Ciao.

concept artwork

The final render

3D turnaround for modelling purposes


No comments:

Post a Comment